Sunday, January 1, 2012

A year ago,

Cooper,

I can't  believe it's been a year...a year ago since we got pregnant with you.  Baby, you were a New' Year's baby.   Daddy and I decided at Thanksgiving we were ready to go from 2 to 3 Salas in our house.  We found out in January we were pregnant with you and we did the math later on and figured out we got pregnant with you on New Years Eve.  It's not exactly something you'd ever want to tell your child but here I am telling you.  We went to the Pylants and played games.  Kristin and I shared a bottle of some yummy wine, your Daddy and Randall drank lord knows what.  But we drank and played games and then walked home.  I even remember there being a comment at some point of someone saying that hopefully there'd be 3 of us this year.  If we only knew....

Last night was rough. We went out with Uncle Matt and Aunt Kisha.  It was a good idea in the beginning but it just got to be too much after a while. Someone asked me about my necklace (which Norah loves to play with :) ) and I lost it.  Aunt Kisha and I went inside and I just cried.  Not everyone there knew what happened and they just assumed Daddy and I were fighting.  I didn't really want to explain to them why I was crying. I just let it go and cried.  I feel like 2011 was my last connection to you.  Last year, we said hello and good bye to you.  I have bigger hopes for 2012 that we can try again and *hopefully* this time next year your little brother or sister will finally be on their way.

We got home tonight and Binx was so excited.  He followed me everywhere.  I think he's exhausted now.  He's just laying in the middle of the floor with his toys.  And just raises his head from the floor to check out where we are going instead of following us.  Amanda called a short time after we left.  She's my BFF from high school.  We have the sort of relationship we don't get to talk all the time but when we do, we pick up right where we left off at.  Her dad died exactly a week before you did.  You would have loved him.  I'm sure you've met him by now and if you haven't you really need to find him.  I'm sure he'd tell you stories about Amanda and I from middle school and high school, if he hasn't already.  Tell him Jaunita sent you :).  Oh, and find Granny Payne, I think your Kimmy is missing her a lot right now.  I think you've found most of our relatives by now and I'm sure they are all fighting over whose turn it is to hold you.  At least this what Daddy and I think about at night.  People fighting over you.

love you to the moon and back,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment