Saturday, February 11, 2012

"The First"

Cooper,

I've started yet another writing challenge...maybe this time I'll actually finish one??? Oh and Nana and I have started to read the Bible for the next year...one week strong.  Really hoping to finish that one!!!

Here's "The First" writing challenge.

What was the first piece of furniture you bought for the nursery?

Daddy and I never really got around to putting together a real nursery for you.  We weren't procrastinating.  I'm sure you've figured out by now Daddy and I like to procrastinate a lot. Me more than Daddy.  I can't tell you the number of times the phrase "Oh, let's just do it tomorrow. We've got time!" HA!  But seriously, Daddy and I were on a list to move into a bigger house shortly after your due date at the end of September.  They were going to help pay for us to move so Daddy and I planned on using that money to purchase teh furniture for your nursery.  Even if we had a nursery planned and ready for you, we were planning on keeping you in our room with us for while.  Nana and Papa had purchases your pack'n'play and we got it as a gift at the baby shower about a week before you were born.  Daddy put it together and installed your car seat the Tuesday before you were born.  I laid on the couch because I was supposed to stay off of my feet until we saw the doctor again that Friday.  I kept telling him we didn't need to we still had time. I don't think Daddy will ever believe a word I say the next time I'm pregnant.  But I amd so glad Daddy put it all together for you even if you never had the chance to use it.  When we left to go to the hospital that Friday Daddy even stopped to grab your car seat but again I tried to tell him we wouldn't need it.  Again, he proved me wrong.  I do remember thinking that there was a possiblity that our house would ever be that quiet again.  And again at the hospital I remember thinking as we got on the elevators, that they next time we might be going down as a family of 3.  Hmm...all strange thoughts or were they a mother's instinct?
I loved the design of you pack'n'play. It matched your carseat and stroller which Papa Don and Kimmy had already given to us.  And it would have matched your high chair and swing.  We hadn't bought those yet but we were planning on it once all of your showers were done.  Everything was green, brown, and cream colored and would have even matched your nursery.  We picked a neutral patter and color scheme just so we could use it again with your little brother or sister.  I thought it was more of a boy print and had planned on conning Daddy into buying something just a little bit more girlier if the second baby is girl.  But not anymore.  There's no doubt in my mine we will use your things if the next baby is a girl.

Here's a picture of Daddy's hard work:  Excuse the mess in the background.  Our living room had become baby central and there were things everywhere...

love you to the moon and back,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment