Friday, February 24, 2012

First Person I Told...

Cooper,

Sweet boy, I've missed you so much.  Sunday you would have 6 months old.  I've been wondering a lot lately what kind of personality you would have been developing, who you would have looked like more: me or Daddy?, or would you have been a Momma's boy or a Daddy's boy?  There are so many things I'd like to have known.  I've realized that maybe I spend too much time focusing on what might have been.  I've really been thinking more about those precious 9 days we had together.  Those were the best 9 days of my life.

Lately, I've also been thinking about what it will be like to love another child as much as we loved you.  Daddy and I loved you so much, I can't imagine feeling this way for a second child.  I can't wait for teh day to find out what that will be like.

Oh, and here's the next installment for Grieve Out Loud's blog challenge...I've been meaning to do this one for a while.  I really like the idea of the challenge.  It will help with trying to focus on all of the firsts we had with you instead of thinking about all those firsts we will never have with you.

Who was the first person you told about your pregnancy (besides your significant other)? How far along were you? How did they react?

I'm not exactly sure who I told first.  There were a lot of phone calls made that night. :) Daddy actually called it.  I didn't think I was pregnant.  I didn't think it could happen so quickly a second time.  I had to go grocery shopping that night.  Daddy was pretty insistant that I buy a pregnancy test when I was there.  I kept trying to denying the fact that I was but he wouldn't listen. On my way to go grocery shopping, I called Nana (she was in the middle of teaching her college class that night) and told her Daddy's suspicions. Nana got pretty excited and told me I needed to call her as soon as I knew.  I told her not to get her hopes up because I didn't think I was.  When I got home, I went ahead and took they test just to prove Daddy wrong.  I set the test aside and Daddy and I started eating dinner.  A few minutes later, Daddy threw the test at me and said "Congrats momma."  I was so shocked to see the word PREGNANT show up so quickly. Daddy and I both agreed we weren't going to publically announce anything just because we were afraid to lose again.

 I think right after that I called my boss, Janice to tell her I would late the next morning.  I was so excited it sort of just spilled out.  Janice was super excited.  I don't think she cared when I ended up being late 3 mornings in a row to get all the blood tests done and appointments with my OB set up.  I had to go back to Wal-Mart again that night because I forgot to print of some pictures for my classroom.  I called Nana back and she was in the middle of teaching, literally, she answered anyway.  She was so excited about you that she told the rest of her class right away that she was going to be a Nana again! I called Papa after that, I think he was too tired to even understand what I was saying but he was pretty excited about it either way.  Then I called Amber because we found out on her birthday, Janruary 25.  I asked if she would mind waiting for her birthday present a few more months. It took her awhile but she finally understood what I was saying.  I also called Kristin, she was just as excited.  She knew how much we wanted you.  And then I called, you Godmomma, Kristen.  I wasn't able to tell her until I was actually in Wal-Mart in the photo center.  I can even remember the exact spot I where I was standing when I told her.  Somtimes, when I pass by that spot it takes me back and I feel like I'm there telling her I'm pregnant again.

love you to the moon and back,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment