Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 2~ A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest

Cooper,


Oh goodness, this is your Godmomma and my best friend Kristen.  She was so excited for you! She couldn't wait to meet you.  I know she would have spoiled you rotten.  She is a wonderful teacher and she will make an even better mother one day.  Kristen was one of the first people I told about you.  I can remember the exact place I was standing when I told her.  I had gone to Wal-Mart to print off pictures for my class.  The machine had broken down and I was waiting for them to fix it.  I'm pretty sure we squealled together for a good 5 minutes and people stared as they walked by me.  She also was planning a baby shower for me.  She was wonderful about it. It had to be postpoined several times.  Daddy and I had been down for a wedding the weekend before you were born and we stayed with her.  She was planning the shower for the following weekend on August 20th but it never happened. You came on the 19th instead.  I called her as soon as I knew you were coming.  She started packing while I was still on the phone with her and she arrived shortly after they had moved me in to recovery.  Then, when we found out you were sick, I called her again and she prayed for you like you were her own child.  When we had to bury you, she read a beautiful poem at the service.  And when I decided to participate in March of Dimes two months later, she was the first one to volunteer to walk with me.
Kristen and I met in the fall of 2004 during Rush.  She was starting her sophomore year and I was starting my freshman year.  I was just in awe of how friendly she was with everyone.  I don't think I spoke a single word to her either during that week.  I remember at some point Kathy said that the girls that were sitting around me were going to be the bridesmaids in my wedding.  I thought for sure she was insane but she was right.  Three of my bridesmaids were sitting in that room.  Who would have thought?  Kristen and I became close our second semster of Zeta when she moved into the dorms.  We happened to have the same major as well.  We did EVERYTHING together. We even had the same after school job at Hayes.  She ended up leaving ZTA after a year but she supported my decision to stay in.  She graduated a semster before I did, got married, moved across the country, got her first adult job, all before I finished school. Then I got married Daddy and we moved to Kansas just as she was moving back home to Oklahoma.  We've managed to stay best friends through it all.  We might not get to talk that often or only see each other a few times a year but we pick up exactly where we left off at before.


I don't think I could have ever asked for a better best friend than Kristen.  She has stuck with me through thick and thin.  Before I was created God knew everything that would happen to me in my life.  He knew that I would need a friend like Kristen and I thank Him that he brought such a wonderful person into my life.  I feel so blessed to have her as my best friend.  I looked forward to seeing what God has in store for the both of us in life.


love you to the moon and back,
Momma

1 comment:

  1. I am literally crying. Kendra, this touched my heart and I'm speechless. Thank you so much for your kind words. All I can so is I am so blessed to have a best friend like you and I know God placed us in each others lives for all reasons. So thankful to have you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete