Friday, April 20, 2012

The Firsts

Cooper,

Many times I have no idea what to tell about.  I've actually started a list on my phone of things I should tell you and start writing them in my head but by the time I get the chance to really start writing them out, they are gone. I blame the grief.

That's were The First comes in.  It's a blog challenge I found a couple months back.  I like that it's open ended and can tell some of the happier times with you.  It helps that my brain doesn't have to think that much.

Here's another one of your firsts...  What was your baby’s first nickname?
Daddy came up with it, he called you The Spawn.  Most people see their little babies wiggling and moving on the ultrasound and give them cute nicknames like Peanut or Gummy Bear.  And instead we called you The Spawn, really what was Dad thinking???  Daddy was in South Korea when I went for my first visit and ultrasound so he didn't get to go with me.  We skyped the entire time he was gone.  Even with him being half way around the world, we were still on opposite schedules, I tried staying up late to be able to talk to him but I was just so tired all the time.  I turned the volume up really loud on the computer and when I heard him trying to call, I flew to the next room to answer his call.  It's funny to think that Daddy saw you for the first time at 3 in the morning half way around the world.  I hung that picture up on the refrigerator and didn't take it down until we moved out of the house in November.  And when we moved into the new house, it went right back up.  The Spawn fit even more perfectly when I first started to feel you kick and move.  It was the weirdest feeling ever.  The best way I could explain it to Daddy is that it felt like an alien inside of me.  It got much weird the bigger your moving became, later we were able to seeparts of you stick out of my stomach.  You were our little Spawn.

love you to the moon and back,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment