Thursday, April 19, 2012

Happy 8 months Cooper!

Cooper,

Today as I did Calender with my kids I choked back the fact that you would have been 8 months old today and as I say this every month, I wonder what new things you would be doing? I have several friends who had their kids in August around the time you were born so I have small glimpses of what it would have been like to have an 8 month old.  Lately instead of thinking about what it would have been like to have a healthy 8 month old around, I've been thinking a lot what it would have been like had you beat NEC.  What kind of complications would you have been dealing with, feeding tubes and/or coleostomy bags?  Would there have been any other problems just because you were born early?  How many doctor's visits would we be going to each month?  Physical therapy?  What would life have been like with a child's whose health is compromised?  We'd do anything to have that again.  I would have given up teaching just to take care of you.

love you to the moon and back,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment